A module consisting of a pair of custom-made, aspheric lenses pre-installed in mechanical housing with a focus mechanism. Together, they can be used to create a high-quality optical eyepiece for VR applications. A dual element design provides significantly better image than a typical single-element asphere.
The design is optimized for 5.5" screens, though it can also be used with screens that are slightly larger or smaller.
These high-quality optics are used in the OSVR HDK version 1.3, 1.4 and 2
For a complete VR HMD, two such eyepieces (qty 2 of this listing) are required. Each eyepiece images one half of the screen and provides the following key specifications:
- Horizontal field of view: 92°
- Focal length: 35.9 mm
- TTL (distance from screen to the optical surface closest to the eye): 45mm
- Total weight (optical elements): 30.5 grams
- Diameter: 41.4mm (lens 1), 46.6mm (lens 2)
- Eye relief: 13mm
- Eye box: 15mm
- Ability to compensate for diopter by rotating focus mechanism
- -12.1% geometric distortion
Material: lightweight optical-grade plastic. One lens is molded from Zeonex F52R and the other is molded from OKP4-HT.
- This item includes housing.
- It does not include a screen, motion tracker, face mask, housing, electronics, or any other component required to build an HMD
- To construct a binocular solution, you will need qty 2 of this item